Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck Serono
- Mechanism of Action Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acne; Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Hirsutism; Male pattern baldness; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-I for Male pattern baldness in Switzerland (PO)
- 29 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-I for Benign prostatic hyperplasia in Switzerland (PO)
- 29 Nov 2004 Suspended - Phase-I for Hirsutism in Switzerland (PO)