Prasterone - JenapharmAlternative Names: Dehydroepiandrosterone - Jenapharm; DHEA - Jenapharm
Latest Information Update: 15 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Jenapharm
- Class Androstenols; Hormonal replacements; Small molecules; Testosterone congeners
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Adrenal insufficiency; Hypogonadism; Menopausal syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 13 Feb 2006 No development reported - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Hypogonadism in Germany (PO)
- 13 Feb 2006 No development reported - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Menopausal syndrome in USA (PO)
- 13 Feb 2006 No development reported - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Adrenal insufficiency in Germany (PO)