Nitric oxide synthase gene therapy - Cardion/ValentisAlternative Names: iNOS gene therapy - Cardion/Valentis; NOStentin
Latest Information Update: 16 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Cardion; Valentis
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide synthase stimulants; Nitric oxide synthase type II modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Vascular restenosis
Most Recent Events
- 08 May 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Vascular restenosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 27 Nov 2000 Cardiogene has merged with Intracardia to form Cardion
- 25 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Vascular restenosis in Germany (Unknown route)