At a glance
- Originator Affymax; GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Thiazolidines
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 25 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)
- 25 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)