At a glance
- Originator Mallinckrodt Medical
- Class Gadolinium-containing contrast agents; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Magnetic resonance imaging enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Vascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Vascular disorders in USA (IV)
- 01 Nov 2000 Mallinckrodt has been acquired by Tyco International
- 26 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Vascular disorders (diagnosis) in USA (IV)