Ergotamine inhalation - SheffieldAlternative Names: Tempo-ergotamine
Latest Information Update: 17 Jun 2003
At a glance
- Originator Sheffield Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antimigraines; Ergot alkaloids; Vasoconstrictors
- Mechanism of Action Alpha adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Migraine
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jun 2003 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Migraine in USA (Inhalation)
- 17 Jun 2003 Sheffield Pharmaceuticals has filed for protection under Chapter 7 bankruptcy laws
- 16 Oct 2000 A clinical study has been added to the Advances in the Treatment of Nausea and Migraine pharmacodynamics section