Research programme: acne therapeutics - Praxis
Latest Information Update: 24 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Praxis Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acne
Most Recent Events
- 15 Sep 2000 Findings of an initial clinical trial have been added to the adverse events and Skin Disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 15 Sep 2000 Praxis Pharmaceuticals has filed a provisional patent for the anti-acne compound, which will give them worldwide priority for the compound
- 23 Mar 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Acne in Australia (Topical)