Research programme: Creutzfeldt Jakob disease therapies - SeronoAlternative Names: iPrP13; Prion inhibitory proteins research programme - Axonyx/Serono
Latest Information Update: 28 Jan 2005
At a glance
- Originator New York University
- Developer Merck Serono; TorreyPines Therapeutics Inc
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in Switzerland (unspecified route)
- 23 Oct 2000 Prion inhibitory peptides have been licensed to Serono in Switzerland
- 21 Jun 2000 Ares-Serono is now called Serono