Estradiol/progestogen transdermal - WatsonAlternative Names: Alnea; Estradiol/progestin transdermal - Watson; Progestin/estradiol transdermal - Watson; Progestogen/estradiol transdermal - Watson; TheraDerm MTX
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Watson Pharmaceuticals
- Class Estradiol congeners; Estrenes
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor agonists; Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jan 2001 TheraTech is now called Watson Laboratories
- 23 Nov 2000 The FDA has issued a Non-Approval Letter for his product.
- 08 Feb 2000 Preregistration for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Transdermal)