At a glance
- Originator Kyowa Hakko
- Developer Kyowa Hakko; Kyowa Hakko Kirin
- Class Benzothiepins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Irritable bowel syndrome; Overactive bladder
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2008 Kirin Pharma Company has merged with Kyowa Hakko to form Kyowa Hakko Kirin
- 28 Jun 2005 Kyowa Hakko has completed phase IIa trials in urinary incontinence in the US and Europe
- 11 May 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Overactive bladder in Japan (PO)