Apolipoprotein E gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 08 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Apolipoprotein E agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 14 Feb 2000 Preclinical development for Hypercholesterolaemia in France (Parenteral)
- 14 Feb 2000 New profile