Research programme: sphingosine-1-phosphate - York PharmaAlternative Names: S1P; YP 005
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Freie Universitat Berlin; York Pharma
- Class Amino alcohols; Antipsoriatics; Lysophospholipids
- Mechanism of Action Lysosphingolipid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Skin disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2008 Sphingosine-1-phosphate is still in preclinical trials for Skin disorders in Germany
- 08 May 2006 Preclinical trials in Skin disorders in Germany (unspecified route)