At a glance
- Originator Encysive Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Endothelin A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pulmonary hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pulmonary hypertension in USA (PO)
- 06 Jun 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Pulmonary hypertension in USA (PO)
- 21 May 2003 Texas Biotechnology Corporation is now called Encysive Pharmaceuticals