AZ 40140Alternative Names: SB 418790
Latest Information Update: 05 Nov 2002
At a glance
- Originator Asahi Kasei
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 05 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Jul 2002 Phase-I clinical trials in Obesity in USA (unspecified route)