Research programme: HIV integrase inhibitors - MerckAlternative Names: L-870812; L-900564; MK-2048
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Naphthyridines; Pyrimidinones
- Mechanism of Action HIV integrase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Aug 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for HIV infections in USA (PO)
- 10 Apr 2008 Interim pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics data from a preclinical study in HIV Infections presented at the the 235th American Chemical Society National Meeting (235th-ACS-2008)
- 14 Mar 2007 Data presented at the 14th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI-2007) added to the Viral Infections antimicrobial activity section