Iron chelator - DOR BioPharma/Elan/Schein
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator DOR BioPharma; Elan Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 10 Dec 2001 Endorex Corporation is now called DOR BioPharma
- 25 Feb 2000 Preclinical development for Iron overload in USA (Infusion)