MB-FoscarnetAlternative Names: MB-PFA
Latest Information Update: 10 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antivirals; Phosphonic acids
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Feb 2000 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)