Research programme: antibacterials - BioPortAlternative Names: Research programme: benzazepines - BioPort
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Emergent BioDefense Operations Lansing
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Signal transduction pathway inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Apr 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Jun 2003 The assets of Antex Biologics and Antex Pharma have been acquired by BioPort Corporation
- 13 May 2003 This programme is still in active development