AfeletecanAlternative Names: BAY 38-3441
Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Bayer
- Class Antineoplastics; Camptothecins; Dipeptides; Glycoconjugates
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer; Cancer; Colorectal cancer; Non-small cell lung cancer; Ovarian cancer; Pancreatic cancer; Small cell lung cancer
Most Recent Events
- 26 Nov 2002 Results from two phase I studies have been added to the adverse events and Cancer therapeutic trials sections
- 25 Nov 2002 A study has been added to the adverse events, pharmacokinetics and Cancer therapeutic trials sections
- 10 Dec 2001 A phase I study has been added to the Cancer pharmacokinetics and adverse events section