Research programme: indanocine analogues - SalmedixAlternative Names: SDX-103 programme - Salmedix
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator University of California, San Diego
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Tubulin polymerisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Jun 2005 Salmedix has been acquired by Cephalon
- 13 Dec 2004 This programme is still in active development