At a glance
- Originator ALZA Corporation
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules; Vinca alkaloids
- Mechanism of Action Tubulin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 19 May 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Jun 2001 ALZA Corporation has been acquired by Johnson & Johnson
- 08 Mar 2000 New profile