Research programme: protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors - Novelion TherapeuticsAlternative Names: PTP inhibitors - Kinetek
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Kinetek Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Nov 2016 QLT acquired Aegerion Pharmaceuticals and later QLT changed its name to Novelion Therapeutics
- 20 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)
- 04 Apr 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)