SM 16896Alternative Names: SM-16896
Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2002
At a glance
- Originator Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Bisphosphonates; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 13 Mar 2000 Preclinical development for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Japan (Unknown route)