Research programme: anti-infectives - Oscient PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: GTC 162 series; GTC 637 series
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator Oscient Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Peptide deformylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Respiratory tract infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2007 This programme is still in active development
- 29 Sep 2005 Oscient's oral PDF inhibitors research programme is available for licensing (http://www.oscient.com)
- 13 Apr 2004 Genome Therapeutics is now called Oscient Pharmaceuticals