Research programme: sodium channel antagonists - Vernalis
Latest Information Update: 16 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Vernalis
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain
- No development reported CNS disorders; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 2004 This programme is still in active development for CNS disorders
- 03 Oct 2003 Vernalis Group has merged with British Biotech to form Vernalis
- 27 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Stroke in United Kingdom (unspecified route)