Buprenorphine depot - Acorda TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Buprel
Latest Information Update: 02 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator DrugAbuse Sciences
- Developer Biotie Therapies Corp.
- Class Cyclopropanes; Morphinans; Opioid analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid delta receptor antagonists; Opioid kappa receptor agonists; Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Opioid abuse
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Opioid abuse in European Union (IM)
- 19 Jan 2007 elbion NV acquires buprenorphine depot from DrugAbuse Sciences
- 31 Oct 2006 This compound is still in active development