Lidocaine - MGI GPAlternative Names: Lidocaine controlled-release; Lidocaine microspheres; Lidocaine-PE
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2005
At a glance
- Originator MGI GP
- Class Acetanilides; Class Ib antiarrhythmics; Local anaesthetics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane permeability inhibitors; Opioid receptor agonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postoperative pain
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Oct 2005 Guilford Pharmaceuticals is now called MGI GP Inc
- 31 Dec 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Postoperative pain in Europe (Injection)