Research programme: melanocortin-4 receptor modulators - Neurocrine Biosciences
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Neurocrine Biosciences
- Class Amides; Benzylamines; Piperazines
- Mechanism of Action Melanocortin type 4 receptor agonists; Melanocortin type 4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Cachexia; Erectile dysfunction; Obesity; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Erectile dysfunction in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Cachexia in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Jul 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Pain in USA (unspecified route)