Research programme: excitatory amino acid antagonists - Neurocrine Biosciences/WyethAlternative Names: NBI-59159
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Neurocrine Biosciences
- Developer Neurocrine Biosciences; Wyeth
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Retinal disorders; Schizophrenia; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 12 Aug 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Stroke in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Aug 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Schizophrenia in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Aug 2009 No development reported - Preclinical for Retinal disorders in USA (unspecified route)