Dermal replacement - OrganogenesisAlternative Names: Vitrix™
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Organogenesis
- Developer Novartis; Organogenesis
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetic foot ulcer; Wounds
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2003 This product is still in active development
- 08 Aug 2001 Investigation in Diabetic foot ulcer in USA (Intralesional)
- 01 Mar 2001 Novartis has an exclusive option to license Vitrix from Organogenesis