At a glance
- Originator Encysive Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Multiple sclerosis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Asthma in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 May 2003 Texas Biotechnology Corporation is now called Encysive Pharmaceuticals