Research programme: viral infection therapeutics - GPC Biotech
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Evotec AG; GPC Biotech AG
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 May 2005 Hepatitis C programme is available for licensing (http://www.gpc-biotech.com)
- 02 Mar 2005 Axxima Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into GPC Biotech AG
- 25 Jul 2003 The hepatitis B programme is available for licensing http://www.axxima.com