Research programme: diabetes/obesity therapy - Serono Genetics InstituteAlternative Names: Famoxin; gAPM1
Latest Information Update: 28 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator INSERM; Serono Genetics Institute
- Class Proteins
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 25 Oct 2002 Genset has been acquired by Serono
- 20 May 2002 Genset has selected Eurogentec to manufacture Famoxin
- 08 Aug 2001 Genset has announced the production of the human protein fragment