Factor VIII gene therapy - Cell Genesys
Latest Information Update: 18 Jun 2003
At a glance
- Originator Cell Genesys; Salk Institute
- Class Blood coagulation factors; Coagulants
- Mechanism of Action Blood coagulation factor replacements; Factor X stimulants; Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haemophilia A
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jun 2003 Data presented at the 6th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT-2003) have been added to the Gene Therapy and Haematological therapeutic trials section
- 04 Feb 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Haemophilia A in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Jun 2002 A preclinical study has been added to the pharmacodynamic section ,