SB 267268Alternative Names: 267268; SB-267268
Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Aminopyridines; Eye disorder therapies; Osteoporosis therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Feb 2006 Phase-I clinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration (unspecified route)
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 18 Apr 2000 Preclinical development for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Unknown route)