Latest Information Update: 22 Dec 2003
At a glance
- Originator Alteon
- Developer Synvista Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Advanced glycosylation end product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 17 Dec 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Dec 2001 Alteon has received a key US patent on Glucose Lowering Compounds
- 27 Apr 2000 Preclinical development for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)