At a glance
- Originator Ono Pharmaceutical
- Class 2 ring heterocyclic compounds; Amidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide synthase type II inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypotension; Shock; Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Shock in United Kingdom (Injection)
- 30 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hypotension in United Kingdom (Injection)
- 30 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)