Research programme: HIV-1 fusion inhibitors - Panacos PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: PA 161
Latest Information Update: 10 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Panacos Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Mar 2008 A lead compound has been selected for preclinical development
- 15 Mar 2005 Panacos Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into V.I. Technologies
- 19 Apr 2001 Panacos Pharamceuticals enters into a CRADA with the NCI to identify potential candidates for this programme