Research programme: Alzheimer's disease vaccines - Pharmexa/LundbeckAlternative Names: Alzheimer's-disease-vaccine; ME 106; PX106
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Pharmexa
- Class Alzheimer vaccines; Antidementias; Neuroprotectants; Vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors; Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 14 Dec 2007 Lundbeck and Pharmexa extend and update their license agreement
- 14 Dec 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing in Denmark
- 25 Nov 2005 This programme is still in active development for Alzheimer's disease