At a glance
- Originator Targacept
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine release stimulants; Nicotinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthélabo to form Sanofi-Aventis