Research programme: HIV protease inhibitors - GlaxoSmithKline/Vertex
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jun 2004 Data presented at the 17th International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2004) have been added to the Viral infections pharmacodynamics section
- 09 Aug 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline