MRK 1Alternative Names: CCR5 antagonists - Merck; Merck compound A
Latest Information Update: 30 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Amino acids; Antiretrovirals; Pyrazoles
- Mechanism of Action CCR5 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections; Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 10 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV-1 infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Transplant rejection in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Sep 2004 Data presented at the 228th American Chemical Society National Meeting - (228th-ACS-2004) have been added to the Transplant Rejection pharmacodynamics section