At a glance
- Originator RP Scherer
- Developer Orion; RP Scherer
- Class Analgesics; Antiparkinsonians; Aporphines; Erectile dysfunction therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 20 Oct 2003 Orion has terminated research of apomorphine and seeks to outlicense the agent
- 15 Mar 2002 The fast-dissolving tablet formulation of apomorphine has received orphan drug status in Europe for the treatment of off-periods in patients with Parkinson's disease who are not responding to other oral medications
- 15 Mar 2002 Phase-III clinical trials in Parkinson's disease in Europe (PO)