Research programme: retinoic acid metabolism inhibitors - Allergan/OPKO HealthAlternative Names: Research programme: vitamin A metabolism inhibitors - Allergan/Cytochroma; Retinoic acid metabolism inhibitors research programme - Allergan/Cytochroma; Vitamin A metabolism inhibitors research programme - Allergan/Cytochroma
Latest Information Update: 22 Apr 2014
At a glance
- Originator Allergan; Cytochroma
- Mechanism of Action Retinoic acid metabolism modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acne; Cancer; Psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 04 Mar 2013 Cytochroma has been acquired by OPKO Health
- 22 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Acne in Canada (PO)
- 22 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Acne in USA (PO)