Research programme: membrane protein inhibitors - Daiichi Sankyo/Essential TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Efflux pump inhibitors research programme - Daiichi/Essential Therapeutics; MC 04112; MC 278537
Latest Information Update: 25 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Daiichi Sankyo Company; Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]
- Developer Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Mechanism of Action Membrane protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pseudomonal infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Aug 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Pseudomonal infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 03 Apr 2006 Daiichi Pharmaceutical has merged with Sankyo to form Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- 04 Oct 2004 Essential Therapeutics has closed down