Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Soda
- Developer Banyu; Nippon Soda
- Class Antithrombotics; Pyridazines
- Mechanism of Action Type 3 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Thrombosis in Japan (unspecified route)
- 31 Mar 2004 Banyu Pharmaceutical has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck & Co
- 16 May 2000 Preclinical development for Thrombosis in Japan (unspecified route)