Research programme: Alzheimer's disease diagnostics - Axonyx/University of Melbourne
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2003
At a glance
- Originator University of Melbourne
- Class Cholinesterases; Diagnostic agents
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease (diagnosis) in Australia (unspecified route)
- 17 Jan 2003 Axonyx has decided to out-license or cancel its diagnostic programme for Alzheimer's disease
- 17 May 2000 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease (diagnosis) in Australia (unspecified route)