Research programme: SK potassium channel inhibitors - Acesion PharmaAlternative Names: NS 309; NS 4591; NS 8593
Latest Information Update: 10 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Originator NeuroSearch
- Developer Acesion Pharma; NeuroSearch
- Class Indoles; Oximes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Intermediate conductance calcium activated potassium channel modulators; Small conductance calcium activated potassium channel modulators; Small conductance calcium-activated potassium channel inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Atrial fibrillation
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Epilepsy; Overactive bladder