At a glance
- Originator NeuroSearch
- Class Benzoic acids; Phenylurea compounds; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Ion channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Sickle cell anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Sickle cell anaemia in Denmark (unspecified route)
- 18 May 2000 NS 1652 appears to be available for licensing (http://www.neurosearch.com)
- 17 May 2000 Preclinical development for Sickle cell anaemia in Denmark (Unknown route)