Research programme: selective estrogen receptor modulators - Karo Bio/Merck & CoAlternative Names: ER programme; Estrogen receptor modulators programme; SERM programme
Latest Information Update: 31 Jul 2013
At a glance
- Originator Karo Bio
- Developer Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Female genital diseases; Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 30 Sep 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Menopausal syndrome in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 30 Sep 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gynaecological disorders in Sweden (unspecified route)